Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Couch Potato

Walking in the door, arms loaded down with random junk from my car, I drop my keys into the dish and unceremoniously dump my stuff onto the floor sighing, "I'll just pick that up later."  Later, of course, meaning never. 

Shuffling into the kitchen I open up the fridge, head tilted to the side, lips blowing out in a sigh and reach for the tub of dip. Shutting the door I reach up on top of the fridge and grab down the bag of chips and head downstairs. I plop down in the recliner, draw my blanket up over my legs and turn on the TV all the while shoveling chips and dip into my mouth. 



This ritual has become so ingrained into my routine that I can't think of any other way to unwind after a long day at work. So I become a sedentary couch potato shoveling calories into my mouth by the bagful and try not to think about what I am doing to my health. 

This scenario could be anyone these days, but no it's  me, a health practitioner who expounds to my clients everyday the benefits of eating right, exercising and taking care of your body. The hypocrite that says, "do as I say, not as I do."  Well I'm tired of living a contradiction so I've decided it's time to take back the reins on my life and if that sounds like something you want to do too then follow along and take the first step on the road to a better, pain free and healthy life. 

"Sure, easy for you to say," you say with sarcasm, "you're a petite, super fit model. You're probably a vegetarian too."

Trust me I wish I were that girl everyone is jealous of, but alas I am not. I am an overweight middle aged couch potato riddled with lower back pain that loves to eat good food. Hello there. 😀



This blog is about finding a place to start, a first step for anyone at any level of fitness so that maybe, just maybe one day we will be that person everyone is jealous of. So feel free to join in and offer suggestions, comments, ideas or just general support. I will post here weekly with daily updates on Tumblr (OptimumHealth-Kimberly) and pictures of my progress. 

Until next time, keeping it real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment